wor·sted[woos-tid, wur-stid] noun 1. firmly twisted yarn or thread spun from combed, stapled wool fibers of the same length, for weaving, knitting, etc. Compare woolen. 2. wool cloth woven from such yarns, having a hard, smooth surface and no nap.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

FREE Halloween Monster Hat Pattern for Toddlers

I have been a busy bee these last couple days!

For some reason, every part of me doesn't want to crochet when it's warm outside.  I almost get to the point where I swear that I will never be in the mood again... then the weather cools down, my yarn starts calling my name and my fingers start itching to hold the crochet hooks again!

I have had this overwhelming desire to give back to my fellow crochet community this fall with some free patterns.  Last night, I posted the free Newborn Pumpkin Hat.  Today, I whipped together a fun little monster hat for my toddler.  It turned out so dang cute, I thought I would post the pattern and share it as well.

Here is a basic, Monster Eye Ball skull cap.  But the options are unlimited to personalize!  Put some ears on, tufts on the top... I mean, come on, it's a monster... it can be ANYTHING!

Halloween Monster Eye Ball Hat Pattern
For 18-24 month Toddler

Yarn:  Worsted Med.
Black, lime green, blue, yellow, and white.  (Or any colors you want!)

Hooks: I and H

With Black yarn Ch 3. ss with 1st ch to form loop.

Rnd 1: ch 1. work 7 hdc in loop. (7) ss to join.

Rnd 2: ch 1. work 2 hdc in each st around (14) ss to join.

Rnd 3: ch 1. work *2 hdc in nect st, hdc in next. * repeat. ss to join. (21)

Rnd 4: ch 1. work *2 hdc in nect st, hdc in next 2 st. * repeat. ss to join. (28)

Rnd 5: ch 1. work *2 hdc in nect st, hdc in next 3 st. * repeat. ss to join. (35)

Rnd 6: ch 1. work *2 hdc in nect st, hdc in next 4 st. * repeat. ss to join. (42)

Rnd 7: ch 1. work *2 hdc in nect st, hdc in next 5 st. * repeat. ss to join. (49)

Rnd 8-9: ch 1. hdc around (49)

Rnd 10: change to green yarn.  Ch 1. hdc around (49)

Rnd 11-15: ch 1. hdc around (49)

Rnd 16-19: Change to blue yarn. ch 1. hdc around (49)

Rnd 20-21: Use H hook, sc around (49).  Fasten off.

Eye Ball

With black yarn, ch 3. ss with 1st ch 1 to loop.  (Note: to make it tighter in the center, do a Magic circle instead).

Rnd 1: ch 2. work 12 dc into loop.  ss to join (12)

Rnd 2: With yellow yarn, ch 2. work 2 dc in each st around (24)

Rnd 3: with white yarn, ch 2. work *2 dc in next st, work dc in next 2 st. Repeat * around. (36)

Rnd 4: ch 2. *work 2 dc in next st, work dc in next 4 st. repeat * Fasten off with long tail to stitch onto hat.

Attach eyeball to hat!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...