wor·sted[woos-tid, wur-stid] noun 1. firmly twisted yarn or thread spun from combed, stapled wool fibers of the same length, for weaving, knitting, etc. Compare woolen. 2. wool cloth woven from such yarns, having a hard, smooth surface and no nap.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Back in Action

It's about time that I posted on here again! I basically took the spring and summer off. It has been so busy here I haven't even crocheted much or worked on any other projects. Well in August my cousin, Kassidy, asked me if I wanted to trade a photo session for some hats, she gave me some pictures of hats she liked and I set to work. It was so nice getting back into gear and having a project. With some direction from Cat I was able to learn a new stitch and then took that stitch and created a cute little newborn cable hat. Here are some pictures, unfortunately with the grey it's hard to see the cable stitch but in person it is so cute! The first picture is from Kassidy.


You can see the cable stitch a bit better on this picture.


Kassidy is a great photographer! She took pictures of my little girl two years ago and now my son for his 1 year pictures. They are absolutely the best pictures I have! You can check out her blog at Kassidy Baker Photography

Creating this new hat was such a great experience! I feel a lot more confident in myself with going outside the box and creating things. It was a lot of fun.

Here is another new hat that I did this month. My husband drew a design for me last year but I just didn't get it made. I finally did it this last week and it turned out a lot like the picture. It was a great joint venture and was a lot of fun. : )

Isn't she such a cutie! I love my kiddos. : )

Another new thing for me is that I finally opened my own Etsy shop. It has taken me almost a year to finally do it but I’m so proud of myself for going out of my comfort zone. You can check out my Etsy shop at Heidi's Homemade Hats and Crafts. It’s so much fun!

What new and fun projects have you been working on? Have you gone outside your comfort zone to do something new/different? Let us know what you have been up to. : )



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...