wor·sted[woos-tid, wur-stid] noun 1. firmly twisted yarn or thread spun from combed, stapled wool fibers of the same length, for weaving, knitting, etc. Compare woolen. 2. wool cloth woven from such yarns, having a hard, smooth surface and no nap.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Clarice the Doe Hats

Last year, my crochet friend, Chelsea over at A Chick w/ Sticks, sent me a few of her patterns to go over and look for typos, and maybe make a few to try it out.  You may remember the post I wrote about her fabulous Turkey Hat.  Well, one of the patterns she sent me was for Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Clarice the Doe.  It has taken me a while to go over them, and for this I feel really badly.  But recently, I have been making some newborn hats for some of my friends who are having Christmas babies and I instantly thought of Chelsea's pattern.

I feel in love with this pattern!  (Which you can find here!) And I cranked out a couple of the hats just the way she designed them.  When I first get a pattern, I like to do it just so as to get a feeling for the design and to learn new techniques and get ideas.  Then I decided that I was going to change it up a little to make it look a little more like the characters in the movie I love so much.  This is what I came up with:
If you crochet and are interested head over to her site and get these patterns!  Here are a few of the changes that I made:
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
For Rudolph, I changed the nose.  Instead of having it just the red nose, I put the white background behind it.  I also made his antlers little stubs since I made this for a newborn, I thought the reindeer should look like a baby too.
Clarice the Doe
For Clarice, I also changed the nose like I did for Rudolph.  As well as I didn't use the Clarice ears that were in the pattern, I used the Rudolph ears for her too because I thought they were just so dang cute!

Anyway, I didn't do too many changes.  I just wanted it to have a little of my personal touch, I guess.

If you are interested in buying a Rudolph or Clarice Hat, here are my Etsy listings:

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer $25
Clarice the Doe $25
Both Hats in a Package Deal! $48

Happy Crocheting!

-Cat Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a revised pattern wiht your changes that I can follow? I am new to crocheting but I definitely like your version better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...