wor·sted[woos-tid, wur-stid] noun 1. firmly twisted yarn or thread spun from combed, stapled wool fibers of the same length, for weaving, knitting, etc. Compare woolen. 2. wool cloth woven from such yarns, having a hard, smooth surface and no nap.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cable Stitch Pattern Review

I'm excited to do this pattern review, it was fun to learn how to use this stitch and then have fun with it.

Cat led me to this pattern for crocheting cables. It's at www.woolcrafting.com. They have a ton of information available on their website, this pattern is one of many things you can find there.



This is actually a good pattern. But if you don't know what a post stitch is then it makes it hard to do this pattern. Now don't get discouraged and think, "well that's that, I can't do this," because before I had ever seen this pattern I had never done any type of post stitches. So if I can do it, so can you!

This pattern also includes double crochet and treble crochet stitches. Those tutorials will be up soon so I'm not going to go into those here. Now for the front and back post stitches. I could not see what the pattern was trying to tell me to do so I went to YouTube. I LOVE YouTube! It is amazing the information and tutorials you can find there. Just tonight my husband was looking up taffy and gummy bear making. So you can find most anything on YouTube and there are TONS of videos on crocheting. You can type in anything and you will find several videos. Sorry I'll stop going off on a tangent. : ) I found a great video that shows you how to do the front and back post stitches. It is located here.

This pattern comes with full color pictures and everything, but I just couldn't get it, so that's why I went to YouTube. Now you might learn differently or pick up on things faster and this tutorial will be wonderful for you, I had to have a video. And that's ok. We all learn differently and need to absorb information in different ways. That's why there are so many different videos, blogs, Pinterst pins about many of the same things. You just have to find what works for you.

Now as to the changes I made with this pattern, I left out Step #5 and just did 1-4 and repeated until the end. This is the pattern I altered as the base for my newborn cable hat. Here is another picture of what I've done with it.


You can check out my full E-Reader tutorial here.

This was a fun pattern and is very versatile. I would just play with it and have fun. You can make so many different things with it.

Do you have any things you've made with the cable stitch? Have you done any front/back post stitching, maybe to make some ribbing? Share some pictures of what you've made, we'd love to see them!

~Heidi



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...