wor·sted[woos-tid, wur-stid] noun 1. firmly twisted yarn or thread spun from combed, stapled wool fibers of the same length, for weaving, knitting, etc. Compare woolen. 2. wool cloth woven from such yarns, having a hard, smooth surface and no nap.

Friday, October 28, 2011

First Freebie Friday!!

Welcome to Freebie Friday! We are going to do a special post every Friday where we spotlight another website/blog or post our own free pattern. I’m excited I get to do the first one! : )

The first website we want to spotlight is A Chick w/ Sticks. Chelsea is an awesome lady who is selling her hats to help with a charitable cause. Here is her link http://www.achickwsticks.com/search/label/Pattern.

She has some super cute Halloween patterns that she has put on her blog for free. They are so cute!! I wish I had time to make them all before Halloween but I didn’t get to them. I did make the Mr. Bones and The Web hats. They were so easy to do! I think it had only been like two days since I started crocheting again and I made these hats. I ended up making two of the spiderweb ones. They were so much fun and I love how they have a tight weave to them. I’m from Northern Utah so I’m all about keeping warm. Lol! : ) The only thing that I changed about her hats was I added a scalloped edge to the spiderweb hats. I made them for girls so I wanted to add an extra girly touch to it. They were awesome! I hope to be able to make the Frankenstein pattern. That is such a hoot and I would love it for my son for next Halloween. : )

I made used the Candy Corn pattern to make part of my son's Halloween costume for this year. He's only months old so I get to choose what he is. His big sister is Snow White so he gets to be Dopey. They'll be so cute together. :) Anyway I used the Candy Corn pattern to make a purple Dopey hat. I haven't put the D on it yet (as a hint to who he is : ) ) but I think it turned out way cute!




Make sure you check out all of the other crochet patterns and projects she has. She is very crafty and makes the cutest hats!

I hope you enjoyed our first Freebie Friday and that you come back often. We’d love to have you share any questions, ideas, or websites/blogs you think we should spotlight next. Have a great Friday and we hope you have a Happy Halloween!

~Heidi

Here's her button:

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...