wor·sted[woos-tid, wur-stid] noun 1. firmly twisted yarn or thread spun from combed, stapled wool fibers of the same length, for weaving, knitting, etc. Compare woolen. 2. wool cloth woven from such yarns, having a hard, smooth surface and no nap.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Introducing Amy

Amy and Me
When I, Cat, started crocheting a little over a year ago, my enthusiasm was so great I tried to get my little sister, Amy involved.  It wasn't the best timing because she gave me the big fat "no way."  But I wasn't going to let it go... then last summer I tried to get her involved again.  I told her that I would teach her and I KNOW she could pick it up just as fast as I did.

She gave it a little effort and we made a hat together, then it died... again.  A couple months after that I asked her to help me make a few hats to sell at the bookstore and she turned me down.  So I got together with Heidi instead and not only did she help me out, but we started this blog together.  Now, I got Amy's attention.  She called me one day and totally gave in.  So I sent her some patterns, gave her a few tips and off she went!  She made Christmas gifts for the family, and feel in love with crocheting like I (the wiser older sister) KNEW that she would.

It was just today that, after seeing some of Amy's darling work on Facebook, Heidi emailed me and told me we had to get Amy on board with this blog.  Since all three of us are from different areas of the state, have different styles, and are good friends, we felt we would make a merrier team with Amy.

I asked her tonight, and she accepted.

So I just want to introduce my sister Amy, and welcome her to the crochet party!

-Cat Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...